AJS Consulting, Inc.
750 Elm Tree Lane
Boca Raton, FL 33486
Phone: (561) 302-0756
Download Mr. Scott”s CV (pdf)
Meet our Business Associates
Also see Scott-Roberts & Associates and The Evidence Storage Company
Andrew J. Scott III President
Andrew Scott is a demonstrated leader in police and law enforcement matters, as evidenced by his many contributions to state, national and international standards setting organizations. Career highlights include:
- Chief of Police, City of Boca Raton, Florida
- Chief Operating Officer, Antol Restoration
- Assistant Police Chief, N. Miami Beach, Florida
- Chair, Commission for Florida Law Enforcement Accreditation, Inc.
- Team Leader, Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Inc. (CALEA)
- Member, International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) Forensics Committee
- Member, IACP Crime Prevention Committee
- Chairperson, Multi-Agency Gang Task Force Advisory Board for Palm Beach County
- Chairperson & Committee Member, Municipal Public Safety Communications Consortium (MPSCC)
- Co-Chair, National Sheriff”s Association Neighborhood Watch Advisory Board
- Chairperson, Palm Beach County Law Enforcement Planning Council
- Chairperson, Together Against Gangs
- Executive Board Member – F.B.I. (Miami Office) Anti-Terrorism Task Force
- President, Palm Beach County Association of Chiefs of Police
- Member, American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS International)
- Member, International Association for Property and Evidence (IAPE)
- Member, National Association for Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS)
- Member, International Association of Arson Investigators, Inc. (IAAI)
Mr. Scott began his law enforcement career in April 1978 as a police officer with the North Miami Police Department. He served in the patrol division until moving to the North Miami Beach Police Department in January of 1982. Mr. Scott was quickly promoted to Crime Scene Investigator in 1983, a position he held for six years. During this time he also served on the department’s Special Weapons and Tactics Unit.
Mr. Scott was promoted to the rank of Sergeant in 1989. In this capacity, Mr. Scott worked in a variety of units including patrol, criminal investigations, property and evidence room, and accreditation.
Continuing a pattern of rapid career advancement, Mr. Scott was promoted to Lieutenant with expanded responsibilities including oversight of personnel and training, internal affairs, computer technology, patrol, accreditation, and criminal investigations.
Mr. Scott was quickly promoted to Major and then to Assistant Chief for the North Miami Beach Police Department. In these capacities Mr. Scott served as the Acting Chief of Police during the Chief”s absence. He was assigned oversight and development of the department’s budget section. He also implemented a state of the art computer system for the agency, including laptops in all patrol cars featuring a wireless connection for the transmission of reports and crime-related data. Mr. Scott retired from the North Miami Beach Police Department in October 1998.
The city of Boca Raton, Florida selected Mr. Scott as the Chief of Police in October 1998 out of a field of 147 candidates nationally. He held this position until January, 2006 when he retired from law enforcement. He currently serves as President of AJS Consulting, Inc and President of The Evidence Storage Company, LLC (TESCO) www.tescoevidence.com.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
MS in Management – St. Thomas University, Miami, FL, 1993
Graduate Certificate in Human Resources – St. Thomas University, Miami, FL 1993
BA in Psychology – Florida International University, Miami, FL, 1977
Graduate of 183rd Session – FBI National Academy, Quantico, VA, 1995
Graduate of LEEDs 42nd Session (Law Enforcement Executive Development) –
FBI National Academy, Quantico, VA, 2001
Attended over 150 law enforcement related seminars, workshops and conferences
Recognized by Palm Beach County Association of Chiefs of Police for outstanding contributions to law enforcement in Palm Beach County for 2005.
The Haven “Humanitarian of the Year” Award, 2004.
City of Boca Raton “Manager of the Year” Award, 2002.
Recipient of “Breaking the Glass Ceiling” Award, 2001, by the National Center for Women in Policing.
Recipient of Special Recognition from the FBI for assistance with the anthrax bio-terrorism attack in 2001.
“Use of Force…How Much is Too Much?” The Defender, Statewide publication for Florida State Public Defenders, 2007.
“I Prevent Crime: A Crime Prevention Campaign.” The Police Chief, The International Association of Chiefs of Police magazine, 2005.
“A Leadership Challenge: Turning Vision into Reality.” The Florida Police Chief, 2005.
“The Safe Community Initiative.” The Florida Police Chief, 2004.
“Safe Community Initiative.” The Florida Police Chief, 2004.
“Boca Raton”s Family Services Bureau Puts Families First.” The Florida Police Chief, 2003.
“Boca Raton Police Services Department Comprehensive Approach to Juvenile Crime.” The Florida Police Chief, 2001.
“Accreditation, What”s In It For Me” Dade County PBA Heat, 1995.
“Law Enforcement and The Need For a Paradigm Shift.” The Florida Police Chief, 1994.
“Handling Civil Unrest.” The Florida Police Chief, 1994.
Download Mr. Scott”s CV (pdf)
Download our Corporate Brochure (PDF)
Contact Andrew Scott by email or by calling (561) 302-0756.