Mr. Scott’s practical law enforcement experience spans over three decades allowing Mr. Scott to provide a practioner’s insight in to current challenges law enforcement agencies and personnel face on a daily basis. Given Mr. Scott’s vast experience in law enforcement and his expert witness acumen, provides the client with a wealth of insight as to the practices and procedures of a police department. Mr. Scott has provided accreditation assessments for over 100 law enforcement agencies throughout the country. Mr. Scott has reviewed several hundred law enforcement policies and procedures, observed the implementation of said policies, and witnessed the successful service outcomes based on proper administration and execution of said policies and procedures. Given this experience, Mr. Scott can provide his clients with an authoritative, evidenced-based, solutions to improve a police department’s delivery of services.
Mr. Scott has active, current, memberships with the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) – Life Member, Police Executive Research Forum (PERF), Florida Police Chiefs Association (FPCA) – Life Member, and the American Association of Industrial Security (ASIS), and the Palm Beach County Association of Chiefs of Palm Beach County – Life Member. Mr. Scott maintains up-to-date and current knowledge base through his membership with the previously mentioned associations and through his ongoing research of cases reviewed for his expert witness consultation practice.
Mr. Scott can assist any law enforcement agency with its various challenges to include, but not limited to;
- Policy and procedures review and creation.
- Organizational Assessments both on a macro level and a micro level.
- Use of force, both lethal and less-lethal.
- Internal Affairs or Professional Standards investigations.
- Officer Involved Shootings.
- Human Resources – Hiring and Retention processes
- Negligent Hiring issues.
- Negligent Retention issues.
- Evidence Storage and Handling processes.
- Law Enforcement Accreditation.
- Criminal Investigations procedures.
- Crime Scene Investigation.
- Crime Prevention.
- Community Policing Concepts.
- Pursuit Policies.
- Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) procedures.
- Interviews and Interrogations.
- Search and Seizure protocols.
- Uniform Patrol.
- Administration to include budgeting, facility maintenance, fleet maintenance and quartermaster.
- Discipline and Remediation.
- Union Contract review.
- Strategic Planning.
- Public and Media relations.
Mr. Scott has served proudly, and with distinction, during his 30 plus years in law enforcement. His skills, knowledge and training, as well as his interpersonal acumen, provide any law enforcement client superior consultation services to enhance the growth and development of the agency to work in the challenging times of the 21st Century.
The Building Owners and Managers Association recommends that a comprehensive emergency preparedness plan be developed for each individual commercial or multi-unit building.
Mr. Scott is available to help commercial property owners and developers conduct risk assessments, design and implement building security programs. Every single building needs to prepare for future emergencies while providing a safe day-to-day working environment for tenants, service providers and property visitors.
Building security services include:
- Alarm systems
- Apartment building security
- Building access control and security
- Guard stations
- Information technology security
- Office building security and systems
- Parking lot security, including lights and lighting
- Plant security assessments
- Security cameras
- Security force creation and implementation
Mr. Scott brings over 30 years of experience in crime control and prevention to the protection of your building and its tenants. He will help you to evaluate security preparedness, create evacuation plans, and identify reasonable threats involving your office or apartment building.